Friday, October 01, 2004

Death and Dying

First off, I have added another blog to my favorite funny blogs. This one. And I'm sorry I didn't respond to your questions about heroism Dave, I didn't really undertake it.

Anyways, today I tackle the problem of death. This is a serious problem for me, because there are few things one can value more than life. For instance, my political views are based around this single value. Anti-abortion, anti-terror basically sums that up.

But how do I apply this to a world that revolves around warring with swords? The obvious answer is self defense. However, self defense can be complicated especially when it comes to pre-emptive strikes and the like.

I prefer to look, not at groups, armies, or nations, but at individuals. The heroes of Miendur fight for different reasons. Some fight for their wife and children. Some for the population as a whole. Others may fight for justice. Still some may fight for honor and revenge.

A key point to remember is that Miendur is not under the New Covenant. There is a God but there is no concrete religion or faith. There is no grace or obligation to forgive. So we should not interpret the stories of Miendur to coincide with our everyday life. Rather, interpret them politically and spiritually.

There is a threat, there is an enemy. It could be Osama bin Laden or your own sin nature. Deal with it accordingly.

1 comment:

Kyle MacDonald said...

My blog's funny too! Scope it out!

http://www.goingpostal3000.com/05-07/blog.html

later,

Kyle